What is clearomizer vape tank?
Clearomizers and E-Cig Tanks
One of the most popular types of atomizers used by the vaping industry these days is the clearomizer vape tank. Clearomizers can be designed with a wide variety of unique features to satisfy even the most choosy vaper, but the one thing they all have in common is the vape tank. The vape tank is the part of the clearomizer that holds the e-liquid. As any seasoned vaper will tell you, any piece of vaping hardware that comes into repeated and/or prolonged contact with e-liquid needs to be regularly cleaned in order to ensure the longevity of the e-cig.
E-Cig Tank Longevity
Unlike tobacco cigarettes that are thrown away after just a single use, electronic cigarettes last much longer. While there may be some disposable parts of an e-cig, like a vape coil that lasts for 2 or 3 weeks, the vape tank itself will easily last for months if taken care of properly. While this is great, no vaper would want to use a clearomizer with a dirty tank.
Benefits and importance of a clean vape tank[caption id="attachment_3463" align="aligncenter" width="612"] Importance of cleaning clearomizer vape tank[/caption]
Clean Vape Tank: Fortunately, cleaning the clearomizer vape tank of your e cigarette is quite simple. It is recommended that you make a habit of thoroughly cleaning your e cig tank about once a week. Over the course of a week, changes within the environment of the tank itself like humidity and temperature can eventually lead to a gunky buildup of old e-liquid, and/or darkening and thickening of e-liquid that can settle into cracks/crevices, the wick, and the coil of the clearomizer itself. Your clearomizer will perform better when your vape tank is shiny and pristine.
For the Vape Flavor Lovers
Aside from older unvaped e-liquid ageing in your vape tank, another reason to frequently clean vape tank is to take advantage of the best vape flavor the clearomizer can offer, especially if you enjoy frequently changing flavors.
Vape Flavor Ghosting[caption id="attachment_3440" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Vape Flavor Ghosting[/caption]
If you switch flavors in your clearomizer, even when it appears that you've emptied out the previous flavor, you can still experience a phenomenon known as 'flavor ghosting' also known as flavor creep. Flavor ghosting occurs when you taste the previous flavor even after refilling your tank with an entirely new flavor. A film of the old e-liquid can coat the inner walls of your tank, as well as remain in the wick and coil.
How do I clean vape tank?
The good news is, keeping your vape tank clean is easy. There are multiple ways to clean vape tank of a clearomizer. It is very important that you avoid using soap or harsh detergents, as they will likely leave behind a residual odor and/or flavor that will be absorbed by any e-liquid added after the fact.
Cleaning Vape Tank With Alcohol/ Water-
It is recommended that you only use clean water (distilled if available,) rubbing alcohol, or vodka.
Cleaning your clearomizer vape tank with Quick Rinse method:
If done often enough (every couple of days,) this method of cleaning your clearomizer tank might be all you need.
- First, you'll need to remove either the base or the top of your clearomizer (depending on it's design).
- pour out any e-liquid remaining in your tank.
- Hold the clearomizer under a water faucet and let warm to hot water (not so hot that it will burn you) to rinse away any leftover liquid from the tank. When performed every few days, a moderately strong blast of water into the tank for 15 to 30 seconds is more than enough to keep your e-cig tank clean.
- After rinsing, simply shake out any extra water remaining in the tank, and twist up the corner of a paper towel or kleenex so that it can be stuck down into the tank.
- Twist it around to soak up most of the water that's left. No matter what, there will always be just a little bit of water left. It is perfectly normal, and it's best to let the tank air-dry for an additional 5 to 10 minutes before refilling and reassembling.
Cleaning Your Vape Tank With Jewelry Cleaner Method:
You might want to use an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner if your tank has some buildup inside it that plain water won't rinse away. You may use distilled water, vodka, or rubbing alcohol in your jewelry cleaner if you wish.
It should be noted that leaving any plastic, rubber, or vinyl components in alcohol for too long may lead to deterioration, so be careful.
- In order to proceed with this method, simply disassemble your clearomizer.
- Pour out any remaining e-liquid (not into the jewelry cleaner.)
- Lay all of the parts you wish to clean on their side in your jewelry cleaner and fill the cleaning chamber up just enough so that the parts are fully submerged within the solvent of your choice.
- Close the lid, and let the cleaner run. The jewelry cleaner we use has a maximum cleaning cycle length of 480 seconds, and we regularly choose this setting.
- One cycle may be enough to clean vape tank clearomizer thoroughly, but up to three may be required.
- After you are satisfied with the cleanliness of your vape tank, remove it from the jewelry cleaner.
- If you have used rubbing alcohol or vodka, give it a quick water rinse and then dry with paper towels, then let air dry.
What Should I do to avoid the burnt taste after cleaning Vape Tank?
1. After cleaning your clearomizer vape tank, refill your tank it with e liquid.
2. Let it rest for a few minutes.
3. Once the wicks/ e cig coils have dried, they need to soak up a small e juice before you start vaping.
If you follow these 3 simple steps, you will not get a burnt taste from roasted wicks
There are many ways to clean vape tank, but we wanted to share what we feel are the most effective methods in detail. In the past, overnight vape tank soaking in water and/or alcohol has been popular, as well as boiling/sanitizing your tanks to clean them. Those methods involve a higher risk.
Whichever cleaning method you choose, please make sure you are aware of how each type of method and solvent you use will interact with the different materials of your clearomizer tank.
Last but not least, if you feel it's time to toss that old vape tank and get yourself a new one, come check out a vast selection of clearomizers, glassomizers, and other vape tanks at VapingZone-Vapes For Sale. We have a variety of e-cigs, vape tanks, replacement vape coils, and accessories that are sure to enhance your vaping experience.
Time for a replacement vape tank? Pick one up from the best online e cigarette store today![caption id="attachment_3441" align="alignnone" width="280"] Buy Vape Tanks[/caption]